Single Row Deep Groove Bearings
Single row deep groove ball bearings are the most widely used roller bearing type in the world due to their versatility and overall performance. They are characterized by having deep raceway grooves in which the inner and outer rings have circular arcs of slightly larger radius than that of the balls. They also have non-separable rings. Their straight forward basic design has many advantanges:
- Excellent for high speeds
- Good radial load capacity
- Acceptable axial load capacity in both directions
- Have low torque capacity at startup and running speeds
- Can operate with low noise
- Require little maintenance
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
As flexible as the performance is, the configurations of single row ball bearings is also as versatile. These bearings often have steel shields or rubber seals installed on one or both sides and are pre-lubricated with grease. Also, snap rings are sometimes used on the outside edge. While many different retainers are available, pressed steel cages are most commonly used. Even tapered bores are available upon special order.
Single row deep groove ball bearings come in three numerical series representing the size and load capacity of each. They are:
- 6000 Series - Extra Light Ball Bearings – Ideal for limited space applications such as medical diagnostic equipment, flow meters, and anemometers.
- 6200 Series - Light Series Ball Bearings – Balanced between space and load capacity this bearing series is best applied to optical encoders electrical motors, and dental hand tools.
- 6300 Series - Medium Series Ball Bearings – Ideal for heavier load capacity applications, including the power hand tool industry, industrial blowers, and thermal imaging cameras.
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
AST Bearings is proudly presenting our new certificates for both the NJ and CA locations: AST Bearings’ ISO 9001:2015 Certificates
To learn more about what the ISO 9001 standard is, the differences between the 2015 and 2008 versions, and how AST verifies customer satisfaction: Learn About AST Bearings’ certification to ISO 9001:2015
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.